Thursday, September 24, 2009

Barely Awake




Yesterday was Jo's 22nd birthday. It's so funny that he's now two years older than me and he's been able to drink legally for a year. We went to a fairly expensive sushi bar with some good friends who love sushi as much as we do (and it's hard to find a good sushi bar in NorCal because you're far from the ocean) and Jo tried sake for the first time. He loved the hot sake but, of course, he's a lightweight (as am I), so he felt the effects right away. I actually had a tiny sip of it, but it was kind of cold by that time. I liked it but I still would have liked to have tried it hot. 3 1/2 more months until I can!



I also had a job interview yesterday.


I've needed a part-time job for quite a while now. I get just enough money from the government to get by; however, if any of my friends want to go to a movie, I'm scraping the barrel for every last dollar. In reality, I only need about 12 hours of work. An extra $150-$200 a month would just be fantastic! If I got this job, I'd be working at one of the front desks at the university, assisting students on how to get places on campus. I could do that! 5 years of customer service experience right here! I think the interview went fairly well and, supposedly, I'm going to find out if I either get a second interview or just get the job or didn't get anything on the 1st of October, the day I'm driving down to the Writers Conference. So, I'll either be coming home to my mom with a "yaaaay!" or an "awww... darn."

We'll just have to wait and see.


I keep thinking about the conference, which is literally a week a way. I know that I have articles to edit this weekend, a chapter to finish for my class (yes, we finally get to FINISH the chapter in my Computer class), and a Human Sexuality test to study for but all I want to do is write. I've written the Prologue and the first part of Chapter One, but, other than that, I'm finding it hard to find time to write this week.

However, I've been debating on posting a bit of my prologue here. What do you all think of that idea? I'm mostly afraid that someone would steal it.

I've also discovered that I am tired all the time now. I never thought that was possible but it's true. I'm pretty used to it now and the only time when it ever consumes me is in the morning. For example, I got up at 9am this morning, ate a bowl of cereal, and then sat back down on my bed to write a blog entry. At 10:15am, I was suddenly overwhelmed with a feeling of total exhaustion and could barely keep my eyes open, so I set my laptop aside and laid down, thinking I would close my eyes for just a couple of minutes. I woke again at 11am and got up to do some chores before Jo's mom got here. And then it was go go go from then on, working on my Human Sexuality study guide and studying for my Statistics test. I just don't seem to have time for anything until 11pm, unless I try to get some writing in during the middle of the day. It's sad.

This aside, I was shocked to learn that my university's health center ordered 1,000 flu shots and they ran out in just 2 days. Being a health major and in the health professionals club, that's just awesome to me! I cant wait for the H1N1 shots to come out so I can get myself vaccinated.

8 days until Writers Conference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment