Monday, December 21, 2009

A Whole New Ball Game

Christmas break has been going really well so far. I've spent time with my mom's family, I've seen my best friend, I found the skirt for my steampunk costume...

Christmas break has been going really well so far.

Until this evening.

I realize I'm a fairly serious person. In grade school, my friends used to tease me about my lack of sense of humor. I dealt with it, laughing along with their teasing and building up my little brick wall against them. I thought that the older I grew, the more people would understand that I take things seriously because I believe certain things out to be taken seriously. Especially break ups.

Tonight, a friend of mine texted me, letting me know that he and his girlfriend broke up. I freaked out, thinking that he needed me, but he didn't pick up when I called. When he did call me back, he was laughing because it had all been a joke. It had all been a prank.

I don't know about you, but it was no joking matter. Telling a friend that you're moving back to the coast to be closer to the ocean so you can drown yourself because you broke up with your girlfriend is not funny. Frankly, it's concerning. And I was concerned. And hurt. Hurt that a friend had played such a cruel trick.

I'm posting this as just a ramble. I don't know what I'm going to do about it all and I hope everyone who reads this learns from my experience.

What a way to celebrate the week of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment