Sunday, November 15, 2009

Down With Some Sickness


It is Sunday and I am sick.

I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier. Everyone at my university has been getting sick and, conveniently, both the boyfriend and I came down with the same sickness at the same time, so we have the same symptoms and everything. And, since both of us are sick, we've been looking at one another pitifully, with no one to take care of us because one of us isn't well enough to want to take care of the other one.

There's a whole lot of pitiful going on in my apartment right now.

At some point, though, I have to leave because I'm supposed to make it to 25,000 words today and, as you can probably see, I'm close but not quite close enough. However, something wierd is going on. I've been told I wasn't going to the Night of Writing Dangerously and now it seems that it might be back on again. The whole thing is so confusing.




Barnes and Noble really needs to get on the Christmas ball and start making those Peppermint Mochas because I'm getting to that time of the year where I'm craving them. And since I only allow myself to drink them during the month of December then... well... It's close to that time.





Excerpt of the day:

Margaret stepped forward and attempted a curtsey, stretching her neck forward to kiss the hand that the gypsy king held out to her. He drew it back with a hearty laugh before she could even touch it and then reached out and took her hands in his, drawing her up to look at him. Up close, Margaret suddenly found she felt warmth in the mismatched brown and green eyes, and she relaxed as his warm hands clasped hers. His long grey beard had various clock-like objects tied to it, his mismatched clothing hung with odd gadgets and around his waist hung hundreds of pocket watches. “You are welcome, my dear, to dine with our little group tonight,” he told her and his voice was gentle and calming. Margaret couldn’t help but smile. “I am Ronin, King of the Gypsies. Please accept this gift,” he continued, unhooking one of the intricate pocket watches from the belt around his waist and hanging it around her neck. “Always remember that time is your friend, sorceress…”

No comments:

Post a Comment