Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back to Living in Ink

I am very sad that the conference is over.

I have a few regrets. I regret that they didn't have any classes on fantasy writing. I regret that I was not awake enough this morning to appreciate the Dialogue seminar (even though it was just ok, anyway). I regret that the keynote speaker, Christian Moerk, didn't have another talk. These, of course, are things that I couldn't have changed, even if I wanted to.

However, I appreciate sooooo much after this conference. I appreciate the Point of View versus Point of Narration class because it made me think and end up asking another author for advice on the subject that a professional editor was giving my group. I appreciate the time during the lunch hour that I got to speak with Christian, to get to know him a little better. I appreciate my Complex Characters seminar because I can work on creating my characters in the close 3rd person, something which I'm struggling with.

I want to give you all tons of stories from the conference but it will just have to wait until tomorrow. Tonight, I am tired and I need to get to bed asap to start the long, 7-hour trek home. (I"m happy about this, however, because I bought Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to listen to on audiobook on the way home so I can get a good laugh for 7 hours.) I hope you all can wait until then. I promise to relate many stories of Christian and the seminars and the people that were there. There is so much to tell.

But for now, goodnight.

And a special thanks to my grandparents, who made this whole thing happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment