Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Party Time!

October. The month of entertainment.

I can already tell that this month is going to be crazy. What with basically two state-wide furlough days next Thursday and the Monday after Halloween weekend. I mean, seriously, lets give these people more of a reason to drink. If there's no school Thursday, they'll drink Wednesday-Sunday. No school Monday? Thursday-Monday. And here, where it's practically a crime not to party until you forget who you are and where you live, especially on a weekend such as Halloween, you would think that the state would want to limit that. One of my friends told me last weekend that when he started here as a freshman, Halloween fell on a Wednesday. So what do you think the students did? If you guessed that they partied Wednesday night or waited until Thursday/Friday, I'm sorry. You voted wrong. They partied the weekend before and the weekend after. As if school wasn't exhausting enough. I bet they hardly went to class that week.

I found out tat the newspaper today that the university's administrators have been trying to appeal to the state, to convince them that we don't really need to cut out 2,000 students next fall, maybe only 1,000. I think they're also trying to reason about the furlough days but I know their reasoning isn't just about saving teachers and teaching students. It's about the drinking. The more furlough days, making the weekend longer, the more likely we'll find people burning couches in the middle of the street or doing other things that are equally as stupid. And I don't think that they know that I know that they know. Do you?

But back to entertainment. I am really curious to go and see one of the Rocky Horror Picture Show performances that go on every Thursday-Saturday in October. I'm curious but scared to death. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a virgin to the movie and I've seen it 3-4 times and I know that the people you are with while watching it determines how good your experience will be. However, I am a show virgin. Every year it happens in my hometown and I really want to go see it but I am scared to death. They would mark my forehead with a large V and stick me in the front row, where I would be susceptible to all sorts of harassment.

But I think I might just brave it this year.

After all, it couldn't be that bad.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment