Friday, October 9, 2009

New Projects!



I just found out on Wednesday that the National Novel Writing Month is in November.

Isn't that just EXCITING?

I've always wanted to try and I decided that, why not only try it, but just be one of the winners this year? That would entail writing 50,000 words in 30 days. And it really wouldn't be that hard; I would just have to make sure that I write every single day and don't lazy. It would be a really good way to knock out the second draft of my novel in 30 days. Especially because I reaaaally need to do that. Really. It's time.

Now, I know what you're thinking. 50,000 words! But, if you break that down by thirty days, it becomes 1,667 words a day or approx 3 pages, single-spaced. See? Not really that hard. On some days, I'll probably end up doing more. And the cool thing about NaNoWriMo this year is that there is a new program that they are testing called Scrivener, which basically helps you write your novel by setting it up so you can access everything easily. I have another program like it called Story Mill but, as I test Scrivener out, I really like it a lot. The trial for it for those attending NaNoWriMo this year is longer than 30 days since the makers really want writers to buy it. It lasts from the beginning of October until the 7th of December. If you're attending, you get a 20% discount on the product if you actually buy it after December 7th and, if you win, they'll give you a 50% discount.

I'm so excited. The majority of my school projects are early this semester and NaNoWriMo stops before finals so I can take the time to study for that as well.

Yay!




If ANYONE (seriously, anyone) is thinking of doing NaNoWriMo next month, please let me know. I would be so blessed to have a fellow writer undertaking this with me. The web address is http://www.nanowrimo.org/ . At this exact moment, the site is down but it should be back up again soon and you can sign up! It's totally free and, like I said, you win if you write 50,000 words or more. That's it. And lots of people win every year.



Also, there's a Write-a-Thon that they are having in San Fransisco on the 22nd of November and you have a raise a certain amount of money to attend (will be available once the site comes back up) but this is just general information for all of you. I'm positive that I wont be able to attend that.

Until November... chapter outlines, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment