Thursday, October 15, 2009

HvZ Craze!




With all this talk about zombies lately, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Well, I'm not really surprised. More stoked outta my skin than anything else.

The week before Halloween, my university is holding a game of Humans vs. Zombies that a LOT of students (and even some teachers) can and will get involved in. Everyone will start out as humans and wear bandannas around their arms and one person will begin as the original zombie, wearing the bandanna around his/her head. The original zombie has to go around campus tagging people and turning them into zombies (they'll shift the armbands to their foreheads), who will then go around tagging more people. They can only attack those involved in the game, of course, and the object of the game is to stay alive. If there is at least one human alive at the end of the game, the humans win. If not... well... Zombieland! Sounds epic? I haven't even told you the best part yet. In order for humans to avoid zombies...

THEY CAN PELT SOCKS AT THEM!!!!


That's right. That's the only way I have to defend myself. And it is EPIC.

The whole thing was started at Goucher College a few years back and, if you watch the documentary at http://humansvszombies.org/, it became a big deal. At Goucher, humans can use nerf guns and socks to stun zombies for 15 minute intervals. They all formed teams and it just brought a lot of people together. I'll be interested to see how big this will get at my university. I'm planning on bringing an extra bag just for socks. I hope I can last the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment