Monday, August 17, 2009

Yin and Yang

Good and bad. The past 36 hours have been filled with a bit of both. But you know that little dot that floats in the middle of each?

Yea. That's the crazy.

Last night, Jo and I got together with my friend Ian and some of his friends for a continuation of my Mel Gibson movie fest. I had already watched Braveheart that afternoon (which I have never seen before) which is an awesome movie, so watching Payback that evening was kind of a downer. Not my favorite Mel Gibson movie.

The real "fun" of the night started when the brother of one of the girls accidentally locked her keys into the back of her trunk and we all spent about an hour trying to get them out. We tried looking for a spare key, finding a spare key and then discovering that it was the key to the ignition and not to the door, and using a coat hanger to break in and open the door. She even went home with her boyfriend to see if the key was at her house and I'm not sure if they were able to get into the house because the locked keys also held the key to her house. In the end, we had to call AAA, who were late (of course) and I left by the time that they even got there.

In the midst of all of this happening, I was also hit on/flirted with by a girl in the sorority that Ian lives next to. I'll have to admit that it was my first time and a little... disturbing. She sort of stopped once she hit on Jo and then he mentioned that he was dating me. But, it didn't stop her from saying that, despite the fact that she has a boyfriend, she thinks the whole point of getting drunk is to make out with chicks, which isn't technically cheating.

Yea.

Anyway, I woke today in anticipation of finding a job. I was bound determined to get back on my feet again. Which is the opposite of what I wanted to do when I got to the school... because, let's face it: when you wash your favorite pair of slip-ons on the hot cycle with your sheets and towels, they're bound to shrink. Which makes feet hurt and creates large blisters. Not very fun. I started noticing the pain as I was walking to apply as a Copy Editor to the college newspaper (update on that after 5pm tomorrow!) and, by the time that I headed out of there towards two job opportunities, I was wincing in pain. One opportunity was to work in a children's clothing store and, when I got there, they admitted that they had already hired someone YESTERDAY and had forgotten to take the ad off the college job search. Yeah. The other job was working as a helper (writing, reading) for disabled students and she had already hired enough people but told me to come back Friday (in case someone decided to cancel) because I mentioned that I had my minor in English.

So, I admit... by the time I got home, my feet were in pain due to large blisters on my heels and I had failed yet again at finding a job, and I wanted to do was cry. Which I did. (Being a girl really helps on this front, by the way, because one can cry and their boyfriend just lets them do it because we girls are allowed to release our emotion in a salty wave of tears.) BUT!!! I was immediately cheered up when the mail came because my wonderful grandparents send me $500 to get me through the rest of the month.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

So, that's my conclusion for the good, the bad, and the crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment